Wednesday 11 December 2013

The 1975: Robbers

Sometimes a song means something to you because it marks a moment in your life. 'Robbers' has marked a very specific moment in my life- which I can truly say was simultaneously one of the best and most exciting moments of my life so far.

On the 10th of December, my best friend, Emily, and myself travelled all the way to Manchester to meet The 1975. Being huge fans of the band, even though we couldn't afford tickets, we stood eagerly at the stage door waiting for out chance to meet our favourite band.
Whilst stood outside (me eating sushi from the Tescos garage, keeping it classy) we could hear the flawless performance inside the Manchester O2 Apollo. Then, a miracle occurred. Such an amazing event that it I believe that someone out there must've prayed for me. A roadie gave us free tickets to go in and the see the band.
We literally ran into the venue, where Robbers was being performed,  and danced manically at the back of the crowd, shamelessly singing back every lyric to Matty Healy.
The performance quality of the songs we managed to hear; Robbers, Chocolate and Sex was what made the experience so magical. Each word was flawlessly sung and Hann, Ross and George never missed a beat. 

It was an amazing experience- even if all we saw actually saw/heard was Robbers, Chocolate and Sex. However, each of these songs were amazingly performed and I could not have been happier.
On the cue of, 'Thankyou and goodnight Manchester', we rushed outside. After 20 minutes Matty and George came out.
I gave Matty the personally engraved zippo I had done for him a while back- plus we had a little chat and some pictures. Then, I did the same with George- who even complimented my jacket! (Monochrome all the way!)
Both of the boys were nothing but helpful and lovely- even if they must've been incredibly jetlagged!
We didn't get to meet Ross and Adam- but there is always February in Sheffield!


So yes, not only is this song utterly exceptional and a perfect mix of rhythm and poetic lyrics- it now has a very special place in my heart.
Thankyou boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment